Available for Adoption
Pet ID # 22-0947
- DOB: 11/28/2015
- Weight: 58.8 Pounds
- Physical Fence Required: Not Required
- Housetrained: No
- Obedience Training Needed: Needs Training
- Exercise Needs: Moderate
- Shedding Amount: Moderate
- Grooming Needs: Low
- Owner Experience Needed: No
- Reaction to New People: Friendly
- Activity level: Moderately Active
- Requires Another Dog in the Home?: No
- Good with Other Dogs?: Yes
- Good with Cats?: No
- Good with Kids?: Yes
- Good with Dogs
- Good with Kids
More about Hera
- Somewhat vocal
- Requires a yard
- Likes to play with toys
- Eager To Please
Thank you for stopping by to see me! Please check below to see what upcoming adoption events I will be attending or apply here for a private meeting. If you have other questions about me you can email Underdog Rescue at <firstname.lastname@example.org> ***Be sure to check your spam/junk folder as sometimes our emails end up there***
- DOB: 11/28/2015
- Requires another dog in home: No
- Okay with dogs of all sizes: Yes but needs a slow intro with large dogs
- Okay with cats: Yes
- Okay with children under 12 years old: Yes
- Weight: 58.8 lbs
- Food Fed: Raw Bistro
- Requires a fenced yard: No but I would love one!
- Note: dogs must always be leashed whenever outside of a contained area. Invisible/ underground fencing is not recommended for most rescue dogs.
My name is Hera, and if you like thick lips and a butt that wiggles, I might be the girl of your dreams. I love chew toys, and am always improving on being a “share bear” as my moms say. I love to snuggle so much that I pretend the floor is lava and just jump from bed to bed…human or dog.
I will use my kennel when asked to, but I can be pretty loud when voicing my displeasure. Once I earned the trust of my moms, I was able to be left unkenneled…as long as there was no garbage around. If there is garbage, or any food, I cannot be help responsible for the mess I make.
I was with a rescue in Arkansas where I fell in love with a pitbull named Zeus. Zeus was in rescue because his medical care had been neglected by his owner, and it became apparent that he needed me. When he got the opportunity to come to MN for medical care, his new foster moms said they couldn’t leave me behind.
Little did they know that when I got here it would turn out that I needed medical care as urgently as Zeus. I had developed generalized mast cell tumors and needed to have them removed. The margins they got were good, and it is possible that it will never be a problem. But it is also possible that the tumors could come back, so it is important that my family monitors me for tumors and takes me in to get them removed should they appear. The good news is that my tumors are easy to find by just petting me. I literally come with doctors orders to have a lot of snuggle time and daily rub downs. My lumps are very easy to find and I love my lump checks!
***Be sure to check your spam/junk folder as sometimes our emails end up there***